Did you know that the Naples Art Association at The von Liebig Art Center has a direct annual economic impact on the community of more than $3 million? The art industry is gaining recognition by businesses and government for its ability to create jobs, trade services, drive tourism and provide other economic opportunities. For example, the Naples Art Association, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization:
- Educates more than 1,000 children through the summer art education program ARTScool.
- Awards more than 30 scholarships to less fortunate children to attend ARTScool.
- Provides more than $15,000 in scholarships for children and college-bound seniors.
- Teaches more than 2,000 hours of adult art classes and workshops.
- Attracts more than 70,000 guests to downtown Naples and the Mercato Shopping District through art and crafts festivals held November through April.
- Introduces more than 600 nationally known artists to our community who sell work at our art festivals.
- Hosts more than 15,000 visitors to the Gallery and Art Studios each year.
- Encourages Southwest Florida residents to view and appreciate a wide variety of art by holding 10+ annual exhibitions of well-known and local artists.
- Hosts an informative lecture series with internationally known art experts.
- Organizes art initiatives in the community including: the Grace Place Mural and special art classes for the visually impaired with Lighthouse of Collier County.
To view an electronic version of the Naples Art Association’s 2011-2012 Annual Report, click here.