Hedi Moran’s blended style of realism and impressionism gives even still life scenes a sense of vibrance and liveliness. Her florals glisten with sunlit freshness and spontaneity.
Born Åse Pedersen in a Norwegian coastal village, Hedi Moran immigrated to the United States as a child. She began painting in 1973, studying at the Art League of Los Angeles and later at Scottsdale Artists School. She is a member of Oil Painters of America, past president of Scottsdale Artists League, and a long-time instructor in still life oil painting at Scottsdale Artists’ School.
An award-winning artist, her paintings have appeared in numerous art exhibits throughout the U.S.A., including several juried shows sponsored by Oil Painters of America and Salon International. She is a three-time finalist in the “Flowers & Garden Competition” sponsored by International Artist Magazine. One of her paintings, “Antique Roses,” was exhibited at the residence of the United States Ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
Hedi also conducts oil painting workshops throughout the United States, in Canada, France, and Norway (where her classes are taught in Norwegian). Students rave about the experience and opportunity they gain from working with her.
Her paintings have filled the pages of numerous magazines over her career, and she shares her techniques on several DVDs.
Work with Hedi in Naples
Hedi teaches a workshop at The von Liebig Art Center, “Play of Light on Florals,” for intermediate and advanced oil painting students on Feb. 12-16 from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Her instruction focuses on painting vivid, impressionistic florals in oil with emphasis on the use of light, shadow and color.
Below is a list of even more great opportunities in Session Three of classes and workshops with Naples Art Association. Upcoming daytime workshops run Jan. 2-5, 2013 and Feb.11-16, 2013, with some evening workshop sessions of Wine and Dezine. Session Three weekly class opportunities run on different days, either morning or afternoon sessions, Jan. 7, 2013 – Feb. 9, 2013.
Click on each one to learn more:
- Fundamentals of Oil/Acrylics I – Richard Kirk
- Paint Naples – Ann Sullivan
- Int/Adv Oil & Acrylic – Marilyn Crawford
- Adv Oil & Acrylic – Richard Kirk
- Beginning Watercolor – Genie Kell
- Paint Portraits from Photos – Richard Kirk
- Figure Drawing with Instruction – Richard Kirk
- Batik – Jean Marie Baldwin
- Int/Adv Watercolor – Genie Kell
- How to Approach Portraiture – Jose M. Castillo
- Functional Vessels – David Hammel
- Drawing Fundamentals – Sam Platt
- Thinking Creatively with Multi Media – Arleen Silberstein
- Int/Adv Beauty of Transparent Watercolor – Patty Kane
- Very Beginning Watercolor – Judy Chinski
- Building Art Up & Out – Genie Kell
- Women in Art I – Genie Kell
- Int/Adv Oil Painting – Phyllis Pransky
- Pastel For Everyone – Linda Chambers