Do you play a musical instrument, sing or dance? Youth performance organizations, musicians, volunteer community groups, emerging singers and songwriters are invited to apply for stage recognition at one of the most highly anticipated community art events of the season.
The Naples Art Association is looking for talent like to you to entertain and inspire attendees of the 34th Annual Naples National Art Festival! The mission of this festival is to raise money for the nonprofit association and to heighten awareness of fine art in the Naples community. An extension of this mission is to promote local creative performing artists on a unique stage and provide energizing ambiance for an family-friendly event. Though performances are unpaid, the Naples Art Association will include special promotions of the participating talents who agree to take part.
- Performance slots are available for Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013 between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Performance area is in Downtown Naples on the Cambier Park Bandshell Stage.
- Accepted performance types may include, but are not limited to, children’s ensembles, chamber groups, dance teams, instrumentalists, singers and dancers.
- Volume of performances should be kept to a level that projects to the immediate area and allows for easy conversation in the nearby artist booths. Technical assistance (microphones, amplification, and electricity) is provided. Acoustic performances are welcome.
- Each performance is allotted 15 minutes for set up and up to 45 minutes to perform. This may be broken up into more than one set, if needed, but total time on stage per performer, from set up to final number, does not exceed one hour.
- Performances should appeal to a broad audience that includes children and families.
Ready to apply?
Please email Marianne.Megela@naplesart.org to express your interest. Please include your answers to the following in your message:
- Name of artist/group:
- Type of performance:
- Description of group/artist bio:
- Photo and website (if available) for promotions:
- Preferred/available performance time:
- Contact person with email and phone number:
- Day-of-event phone number:
The Naples National Art Festival is consistently voted among the top 10 art festivals in the country by Sunshine Artist Magazine. The local community continues to count the Naples National among its premiere, must–see events. It showcases the talents of more than 260 artists from around the country and is the largest fundraiser of the year supporting the art education and community outreach programming through the Naples Art Association. The festival is held in scenic Cambier Park and along 8th Street South and draws crowds in excess of 22,000.
The Naples Art Association, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, operates The von Liebig Art Center, located at 585 Park Street in downtown Naples. It’s open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturdays in season. For more information, please call 239-262-6517, visit http://naplesart.org.